ISIpedia will be an online portal for national-level, cross-sectoral
climate-impact assessments, based on state-of-the-art climate-impacts
simulations from ISIMIP.
will include a new round of ISIMIP climate-impacts simulations. The
focus topic of the simulation round will be decided upon in consultation
with relevant interest groups and stakeholders. Stakeholders will also
contribute to designing the ISIpedia web portal, including the content
of the impacts assessments.
Key features of ISIpedia will be:
- Access to the assessment and synthesis of national-level climate-impact projections, including for the emissions pathways currently being discussed within the UNFCCC climate change negotiations.
- Transparent documentation of model limitations, and access to comparisons between historical simulations and observations for the purposes of model evaluation.
- Regionally-resolved visualisations of climate-impacts projections for important sector-specific and cross-sectoral indicators.
- A simple overview of the available of the available ISIMIP simulations with easy access to the data.
- A central access point for input and validation data for climate-impact scientists, including establishing a data base of local management practices and socio-economic quantities, which directly drive changes in climate-impacts indicators.
Picture top right: the Stakeholder Engagement Team & participants of the ISIpedia kick-off workshop (Oct., 2017).
Picture bottom right: Kit Vaughan (former Director of CARE Internationals’s centre of expertise on climate change) addressing the ISIpedia stakeholders and impact modellers the ISIpedia kick-off workshop (Oct., 2017).