Dear ISIMIP modelers,
today we approach you with a request to improve the dams and reservoir data ISIMIP provides: we miss the years of construction for 7 large dams/reservoirs in our database, which we filled out with the year 1860 to not lose information.
We would like to improve the data set with your help: In case you have any reliable information from e.g. regional databases, we would highly appreciate it if you could provide years of construction and respective source of information.
Relevant dams are:
- Canada: East Forebay Dike GF-16 (-96.75/58.25), North River (--> 1971)
- Canada: Gabbro Control Dam / Ossokamanuan Reservoir (-64.75/53.25) (--> 1971(?) / 1960-1963)
- Zambia: Mita Hills dam (29.25/-13.75), Lunsemfwa River
- Ethiopia: Yardi dam / Lake Kadabassa Reservoir (30.25/29.25)
- Turkmenistan: Saryyazin Skoye Reservoir (30.25/29.25)
- Egypt: Al Fayyum Reservoir (40.25/10.25)
- Egypt: Wadi Al Rayan Reservoir (62.75/36.25)
Thanks a lot and take care,
the ISIMIP coordination group at PIK