Five new output variables have been added to the water-sector table 9:
- total water storage (tws),
- total actual water consumption (atotuse),
- total actual water withdrawal (atotww),
- groundwater runoff (qg),
- groundwater recharge (qr).
The definition of the variables surface runoff (qs) and subsurface runoff (qsb) have been added:
- qs: "Water that leaves the surface layer (top soil layer) e.g. as overland flow / fast runoff"
- qsb: "Sum of water that flows out from subsurface layer(s) including the groundwater layer (if present). Equals qg in case of a groundwater layer below only one soil layer"