Daily-resolution observed climate data on a global (land and ocean) 0.5°x0.5° lat-lon grid from the Global Soil Wetness Project Phase 3 (GSWP3), based on the reanalysis data set 20CR and using the bias targets GPCC, GPCP, CPC-Unified, CRU and SRB. The data set covers the period 1901‐2010.
For more information about GSWP3's scope, experiment design, framework, etc. see https://www.isimip.org/documents/405/GSWP3.forcing.HyungjunKim20140306.HJKIM.pdf
The GSWP3 dataset was developed by Hyungjun Kim with support by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science KAKENHI (16H06291).
Further information in https://www.isimip.org/gettingstarted/input-data-changelog/
When referring to the GSWP3 data set, the following paper should be cited:
- Dirmeyer, P. A., Gao, X., Zhao, M., Guo, Z., Oki, T. and Hanasaki, N. (2006) GSWP-2: Multimodel Analysis and Implications for Our Perception of the Land Surface. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 87(10), 1381–98.
Further details on the global dynamical downscaling method are given in these papers:
- Yoshimura, K., & Kanamitsu, M. (2008). Dynamical Global Downscaling of Global Reanalysis. Monthly Weather Review, 136(8), 2983–2998
- Yoshimura, K., & Kanamitsu, M. (2013). Incremental Correction for the Dynamical Downscaling of Ensemble Mean Atmospheric Fields. Monthly Weather Review, 141(9), 3087–3101.
For ISIMIP participants, these files are available for download on the DKRZ server using the paths:
* ISIMIP2a: /ISIMIP/ISIMIP2a/InputData/climate_co2/climate/HistObs/GSWP3/
* ISIMIP3a: /ISIMIP/ISIMIP3a/InputData/climate/atmosphere/obsclim/GSWP3/
For external users, these data are made available on the ISIMIP ESGF server (https://esg.pik-potsdam.de/search/isimip/?model=GSWP3&dataset_type=Climate%20atmosphere%20observed).