CDO is a collection of command line Operators to manipulate and analyse Climate and NWP model Data.
Supported data formats are GRIB 1/2, netCDF 3/4, SERVICE, EXTRA and IEG. There are more than 600 operators available for data information, manipulation, formatting, and analysis. Documentation, source code and a support forum is available from the official website.
Using CDO under Linux:
- install from system repositories, e.g in Ubuntu: sudo apt-get install cdo, or or
- Compile source package
Using CDO under MacOS:
- see here
Using CDO under Windows:
- Install WSL for Windows as described here and install cdo from repositories as described above
- download http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe or http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe depending on your operating system. for more documentation, have a look at this: https://cygwin.com/faq.html
- run it and install the packages mentioned at Win32
- this will put new icons on your desktop - the cygwin shell, where cdo will be run from
- download and extract https://code.mpimet.mpg.de/attachments/download/16057/cdo-1.9.2-cygwin64.zip - and put the binary under C:\cygwin\usr\bin
- start the cygwin shell and type cdo -V