- Simulations are submitted to a dedicated file system on a central server located at DKRZ Hamburg. To access this server, you will need an account, please see Accessing ISIMIP data on the DKRZ server for more information.
- You will submit your simulations to the Upload folder within DKRZ at /work/bb0820/ISIMIP/<simulation-round>/UploadArea/<sector>/<model>/_tmp/ . Within it you will find subfolders corresponding to the time periods of the simulation round. Be sure to place your files in the correct folders, incorrect upload can delay the processing of your files.
- Before uploading your files, please review the Simulation Protocols corresponding to your simulation round. Changes to the protocols are documented in our website: here for ISIMIP2b, and here for ISIMIP2a.
- Please comply precisely with the formatting specified below to facilitate comparison among different models and between global and regional scale. Incorrect formatting can delay the analysis of your files.
- Before submitting complete simulations, please upload few example files for checking (so we can assess whether your files will pass our quality checks or not) and send a quick email to email@example.com to let us know - This could save much time and bandwidth!
- You can download a ISIMIP2b example NetCDF file to help you with your file preparation.
Note on model naming:
We recommend you to consider that if you develop further versions of your model, the names of these versions should be distinguishable. If you are running a different version of an existing model, we recommend you agree a naming convention with the authors of the first version.
For example, if your institution developed a new version, you could name it [model-name]-[institution-acronym], but if you are using different input data, you could name it [model-name]-[settings-identifier].